Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to School!

Welcome to 7th grade math! I am very excited for our upcoming year!


I  graduated from Pittsburg State University with a degree in Elementary Education and a minor in Middle Level Mathematics in May 2009 and a Master's in Educational Technology and Library Media in December 2011. I began teaching in 2009 in the School District of Joplin, Missouri. I taught 7th and 8th grade math at South Middle School. This will be my third year at PCMS! 

I grew up in Prairie Village, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City. My family currently lives there. I have one younger sister, Ali, who is a sophomore at PSU.  My extended family is rather large. I have over 20 cousins and second cousins; the number just keeps growing. I live in town with my white Jack Russel terriers named Olive and Jack. They both keep me very busy when I'm not grading papers! They love going on walks around town! 
Other things I enjoy doing in my free time are bowling, watching Pitt State football, and sewing.  I enjoy watching all sports in person and on TV, my favorite teams to watch are the KC Royals, KU Basketball, and the KC Chiefs. A fun fact about me is that I absolutely love black and white spotted cows; I even have a few in my classroom!

Here are a few pictures I have to share!



My sister, Ali, and I on the Plaza in KC last winter.


Growing up in KC, I learned to love this skyline!

This is my Olive, I know you'll get to hear many stories about her!


Here's Jack, my other dog.

This is my favorite cow. Can you guess why? It has math AND it's  cow!  I even have a smaller version of this cow (see if you can find it in my classroom!). To see more awesome cows visit: www.cowparade.com

I can't wait to learn more about you as the  year goes on!
Miss Dees

No comments:

Post a Comment